Traveling abroad? Are you prepared? Where do you start? Let our pharmacists help you prepare for a trip of a lifetime. Valu-Med Pharmacy provides a comprehensive travel program. Over the past decade there has been a massive increase in international travel and tourism and more people are exposed to rare and exotic diseases than ever before. Not only will we help you find out which vaccines are needed and administer them, but we will give you valuable information on the area so you stay healthy and travel safely!
According to the CDC, “International travelers should contact health-care providers who provide pre-travel health advice at least 4-6 weeks before departure for current health information and to obtain vaccinations and prophylactic medications.”
Our Travel Health Consultation includes:
- A current traveler’s report based on the countries on your itinerary
- Review of vaccine requirements and recommendations
- Malaria risk assessment and discussion of prophylactic medication
- Review proper food and safety precautions
- Review proper insect precautions
- A Pre-travel checklist to make sure you remember everything you need to take with you.
Click here for our Travel Checklist » Common Travel Vaccinations provided: Yellow Fever, Typhoid Fever, Hepatitis A/B, Tetanus/Diptheria/Pertussis, MMR, Meningitis, Polio, Shingles. Our goal is that the only thing you bring back from your trip is memories! Please click below to schedule a time to get vaccinated or schedule a consultation to learn more!